- This event has passed.
MODULE 4 – Mantra, Bhakti & Nada Yoga as Heart Medicine
Monday, September 18, 2017 - Friday, September 22, 2017
Bhakti Yoga is considered the quickest path (marga) to heal the heart. Mantra Yoga is the school of yoga associated with freeing the throat chakra (visshudha), help us find our voice and express our truth effectively.
In the mystical roots of yoga, as well as modern, depth psychology – ritual, prayer, myth and devotion are revered as gateways to facilitate quantum leaps in consciousness.
When we enter ritual space, we open ourselves to spiritual awakening, realizations and healing that far surpass the logical, linear mind. This module offers a deeper dive into the Soul and a scientific look at the great Bhakti Yoga tradition.
- Bhakti: The Yoga of Devotion. History, practice and modern applications.
- How to incorporate chanting, mantra and teach to skeptics
- Deities as archetypes. Mytho-Poetic understanding of the Hindu pantheon & Archtypal Psychology.
- Neuroscience of Sound: Bhakti, Mantra, Nada Yoga, Sanskrit and the power of sacred words
- How sound heals Psyche
- How to create a safe container and the core elements of ritual
- Face your fears and transform your voice as a teacher.
- Vak: The 4 Elements of Yogic Speech. Avoiding vaikjari (rough speech).
- Mauna: Therapeutic use of noble silence & inner listening
- Learn active listening and non-violent communication to more effectively communicate
- Power of prayer, ritual & devotion: Helping students and clients deepen their spiritual practice in a non-threatening, accesible way.
- Bonus Field Trip: Three LIVE kirtans, PLUS a bonus workshop to open your throat chakra and find your empowered, authentic voice
- Guest Experts: Govindas, Suzanne Sterling, Daniel Stewart