- This event has passed.
MODULE 1: Foundations of Yoga Psychology
Monday, May 22, 2017 - Friday, May 26, 2017
This eponymous module builds the framework and infrastructure for the subsequent curriculum. Solidify the cornerstone practices of Yoga Psychology.
Yoga asks: “Who Am I?” “Why Am I Here?” All yogic studies serve to anchor us into our true nature – Sat Nam. In this module, we explore the nature of Self and the structure of the Psyche from both a western (psychological) and eastern (yogic) perspective.
An overview of Ayurveda, the doshas and corresponding lifestyle considerations provides a working model for optimizing one’s constitution, clinical assessment and prescriptions for emotional healing. We will outline Swiss psychologist Carl Jung’s concept of the Shadow and Depth Psychology and it’s direct application to yoga and meditation. End with an introduction to Trauma Resolution – a necessary component in any mind-body therapy.
- Yoga Prescriptions: depression, anxiety, anger, heartbreak, grief, increasing joy, love and intimacy
- Architecture of the Psyche. The Triple Crown: Chitta, Buddhi, Atman
- Awareness and therapeutic use of power dynamics in the yoga room (transference, counter-transference, projection, idealization, etc.)
- The Hero/Heroine’s Journey in yoga
- Basics of Ayurveda, the doshas, practical lifestyle considerations for optimal mind-body performance
- Shadow Work: Carl Jung’s concept of “the Shadow” in yoga and integrating the unconscious
- Creating a safe container, crafting ritual and holding space for optimal healing
- Embodiment and connection as the gateway of healing
- Basics of trauma resolution – overcoming core wounds and childhood traumas
- The physiology of stress and trauma and how to build resilience in order to thrive
- Psychic Self-Defense
- The Sacred Mirror: A Mini Priest/ess Training – Emptying and strengthening your vessel to be a clear reflection of Truth
- Guest Expert: Daniel Stewart