- This event has passed.
MODULE 3 – Meditation, Mindfulness & Neuroscience
Monday, September 11, 2017 - Friday, September 15, 2017
Perhaps the most accessible tool of Yoga Psychology, yet the most misunderstood – meditation (dhyana) is the golden key to unlock our fullest potential in life. Meditation is the noble road to mastering the mind, overcoming difficult emotions, self-actualization and identifying with our true nature. This module aims to demystify the practice of meditation, clearly break down many different schools of meditation and introduce teachers and clinicians to mindfulness practices that can be easily adapted to your students’ lives.
Science meets Spirituality.
- How to teach advanced meditation and mindfulness practices to students and clients
- Meditation, deep relaxation, and stress management
- Practices to open your 3rd eye and strengthen intuition.
- Open Mind Meditations for optimal creativity and performance
- Basic anatomy of the brain and nervous systems
- Sympathetic Nervous System (fight or flight) vs. Parasympathetic Nervous System (relax & restore)
- Neurons and neuropeptides (electrochemical communicators). Neurons that wire together fire together.
- Memory & Samskara: How biology becomes biography.
- Patanjali: vritti samskara chakra; pratipaksha bhavana, heyam dukham anagatham
- Brain as a pharmacopoeia: Neurons, neuropeptides, and ecstatic embodiment. ‘God is a neuropeptide.’
- Breath as the gateway to create ecstatic experience (pranayama, hatha yoga, chanting)
- Unitary states vs. Transcending separateness
- Incorporating the Mytho-Poetic as Medicine: Kabir, Hafiz, Rumi, Upanishads, Radiance Sutras
- PNI – PsychoNeuroImmunology
- Yoga & Meditation as a stress-reducing, immunity-boosting modality
- 8 Attitudes of Mindfulness
- Kleshas, the 7 Most Common Mindtraps & their solutions
- Guest Experts: Elisha Goldstein PhD (Center for Mindful Living), Dearbhla Kelly