OCTOBER 21 – 23, 2011
Journey Through the Chakras – Psychology of Yoga Workshop
Exhale – Center for Sacred Movement
245 S. Main St.| Venice, CA 90291
p: (310) 450-7676
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 21 | 8-10 pm
Intro + Chakra 1 – Grounding, Stability, Safety, Home, Family – Invigorating standing practice.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 22 | 12:30 – 3:45 pm
Chakra 2, 3, 4 – Sexuality, Personal Power, Love – Fluid motion, Hip Openers, Core Work, Backbends
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 23 | 12:30 – 3:45 pm
Chakra 5, 6, 7 – Creativity, Truth, Intuition, Spiritual Connection – Strong, Comprehensive Vinyasa Flow followed by deep breathwork and extended meditation.
Beyond Asana. Beyond Alignment. Take your practice to the next level! Build habits of health and happiness from the inside out.
Demystify the Chakra System – the foundation of Yoga Psychology. Explore the most logical, comprehensive account of exactly where body meets mind and how our beliefs create our biology.
The Chakra System is an ancient map detailing the 7 primary energy centers and the 5 elements of the body-mind-spirit. This intensive is a rare opportunity to de-mystify and study the Chakra System in-depth, providing effective tools of empowerment in daily life.
Through a multi-dimensional lens, we assess each chakra form several angles to fully dissect its impact: physically, energetically, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually. Each workshop begins with an hour of lecture/dialogue, followed by a powerful Vinyasa-flow (choreographed for specific chakras) and ending in deep meditation/contemplation.
TOPICS TO BE ADDRESSED:
– Learn specific mudras, mantras + essential oils for each chakra
– Activate your intuition by learning to read the language of sensation.
– Identify which emotions rule over which territories of the body.
– Learn to interpret physical symptoms as indicators of deeper, unresolved emotions.
– Recognize over- or under-active tendencies of each chakra.
– Incorporate practical lifestyle choices to balance each chakra.
– Understand the developmental phases and rites of passage associated with each chakra.
* If you have always wondered what the “Chakras” are all about…this class is for you.
* If you want to ignite your yoga practice and your life…this class is for you.
* If you are a beginner student, therapist, teacher or bodyworker…this class is for you.