In this policy we describe the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you use our website (the “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age and you are not allowed to use the Website or provide information on it if you are under 13 years of age. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, or that there may be a user under the age of 13, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are based in the European Economic Area (EEA) you may only use the Website if you are over the age at which you can provide consent to data processing under the laws of your country or if verifiable parental consent for your use of the Website has been provided to us.
Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including:
- Credit card and billing information if you sign up for a paid account/subscription;
- Additional information that you voluntarily enter, such as your personal name, company name, address, phone number, Facebook account information, and email; and
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website, and Website usage details.
How We Collect Information From You
We collect information from you in two ways:
- First, directly from you when you provide it to us, such as entering your information into a questionnaire provided to you on the Website, signing up for an account, or posting on a message board or forum on the Website.
- Second, we collect generic information about your usage and equipment automatically as you navigate through the Website, such as usage details, IP addresses, web browser preferences, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies. Although we do not correlate tracking information to individuals, some information collected, such as IP addresses, will be unique.
Do Not Track Settings
The Company does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising, and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party websites track your browsing activities when you use their websites so that they can tailor their content to your preferences. If you are visiting such sites, your web browser may allow you to set the DNT signal on your browser so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To develop, provide, and improve the Website and its services to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices, and upcoming course materials.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Ashley Turner LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Ashley Turner LLC about the Website users is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Ashley Turner LLC, our customers, or others.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have options in relation to the information and data that we have about you. To exercise any of the options discussed below, please contact us at email@example.com. If you’re an EEA users, you may:
- Access the information we have about you. We’ll will make an effort to share this information with you within a reasonable time.
- Have your information corrected or deleted.
- Object to us processing your information. You can ask us to stop using your information, including when we use your information to send you marketing emails or push notifications. We only send you marketing material if you’ve agreed to it, but if you’d rather we don’t, you can easily unsubscribe at any time.
- Have the information you provided to us sent to another organization, where we hold this information with your consent or for the performance of a contract with you, where it’s technically feasible.
- Complain to a regulator. If you’re based in the EEA and think that we haven’t complied with data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission in Ireland or with your local supervisory authority.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access. For example, access by a user to his or her personal information is available through a password and unique customer ID selected by the user. Also, we perform regular malware scanning of the Website and all servers and computers used by us to support the Website. All Company employees are required to adhere to our security and confidentiality procedures and undergo training related to maintaining the security of user personal information.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone and be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Third Party Links
The Website may contain links that lead to other websites, and the Company is not responsible for the privacy practices, content, and/or activities of these linked websites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of the Website and welcome any feedback about these external websites.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and security and have explained in detail the steps we take to do so. We control this site from offices in the United States of America. We do not represent that materials on the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Persons who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
Outside Sites (Their Privacy Policies May Be Different)
How and Why We Collect Information
We collect your information in order to record and support your participation in the activities you select. If you register for a course, a membership site, or a free training series, for example, the information is used to enroll you in the program, to enroll you in our newsletters, to track your preferences, and to keep you informed about the product and related products. As a visitor to our sites, you can engage in many activities without providing any personal information.
If you opt in to receive any free training series, download a free product, register for a webinar, seminar, or live event, or purchase any product sold by us or promoted by us, you will automatically be subscribed to our free newsletter. If you do not wish to receive this free newsletter, you may opt out at any time. We include an unsubscribe link at the bottom of every e-mail we send. If you have any trouble opting out, please send an e-mail to us. We will manually remove you from our e-mail list(s).
In connection with other activities, such as those described above, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself by filling out and submitting an online form. It is completely optional for you to engage in these activities. If you elect to engage in these activities, however, we may ask that you provide us personal information, such as your first and last name, mailing address (including ZIP code), e-mail address, telephone, credit card, and other personal information. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
In all cases, we will collect personal identification information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. We will also tell you how we use your information or if we share it with another party. Except as otherwise provided in this policy, we will never intentionally disclose any personal identification information about you as an individual user to any third party without having received your permission.
If you supply us with your contact information you may receive periodic e-mails, mailings or calls from us with information on new products and services, important issues, or upcoming events. If you wish to be removed from any postal, e-mail, phone, or other lists, please let us know by e-mailing us. You can also write us or call us at the contact information above. Please provide us with your exact name, e-mail address, mailing address, and phone. We will be sure your name is removed from the appropriate lists immediately.
When you use our Sites, we or our authorized technology services provider may also collect certain technical and routing information from you to facilitate your use of the Site and its services. We use this information to administer the Site and to understand and measure traffic patterns on the Site so that we know which areas of our sites are favorites of our users, which areas need improvement, and what technologies are being used so that we may continually improve our sites. This information is collected in aggregate form, without identifying you or any user individually. We may use this aggregate, non-identifying statistical data for statistical analysis, marketing, or similar promotional purposes.
This data is often tracked by us or our technology services provider by using “cookies” during your visit. A cookie is small amount of data that is transferred to your browser by a web server and can only be read by the server that gave it to you. It functions as your identification card and enables us to record your passwords, purchases, and preferences. It cannot be executed as code or deliver viruses. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. (For some web pages that require an authorization, cookies are not optional. Users choosing not to accept cookies will probably not be able to access those pages.)
Further, the information you enter when making a purchase or an online donation will be shared with payment processors, financial gateways, and your credit card company to authorize credit card payments. Such information may also be shared with necessary third parties solely for the purpose or carrying out the transactions. Please note that if you give out personal information online through a discussion board or posting site, that information can be collected and used by third parties. Although we strive to protect our users’ privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of information you post in these forums. You disclose such information at your own risk.