INTRODUCING . . . YOGA. PSYCHE. SOUL.
A revolutionary integration of yoga, meditation, neuroscience & psychology.
Learn to teach yoga as mind-body-heart medicine.
300 hr. Advanced Yoga Psychology Teacher Training
Six 50 hr. modules at The Quest in Venice, CA
PLEASE NOTE: This training is thoughtfully designed to be taken in sequential order. It is highly recommended that you complete MODULE 1: FOUNDATIONS OF YOGA PSYCHOLOGY before continuing to any other modules as your personal shadow work is at the core of this entire curriculum.
GANESHA: Foundations of Yoga Psychology
This eponymous module builds the framework and infrastructure for the subsequent curriculum. Solidify the cornerstone practices of Yoga Psychology.
- Yoga Prescriptions: depression, anxiety, anger, heartbreak, grief, increasing joy, love and intimacy
- Architecture of the Psyche. The Triple Crown: Chitta, Buddhi, Atman
- Awareness and therapeutic use of power dynamics in the yoga room (transference, counter-transference, projection, idealization, etc.)
- The Hero/Heroine’s Journey in yoga
- Basics of Ayurveda, the doshas, practical lifestyle considerations for optimal mind-body performance
- Shadow Work: Carl Jung's concept of "the Shadow" in yoga and integrating the unconscious
- Creating a safe container, crafting ritual and holding space for optimal healing
- Embodiment and connection as the gateway of healing
- Basics of trauma resolution – overcoming core wounds and childhood traumas
- The physiology of stress and trauma and how to build resilience in order to thrive
- Psychic Self-Defense
- The Sacred Mirror: A Mini Priest/ess Training – Emptying and strengthening your vessel to be a clear reflection of Truth
- Guest Expert: Daniel Stewart
SHAKTI: Embodied Psychology of the Chakras
This module is designed to unpack the intricate chakra system in an effective, highly accessible way. Deepen your understanding of the experiential, psychological and practical application of the chakras in yoga and life. Learn how to incorporate them skillfully into a vinyasa flow class.
- Recognize over-, under-active and balanced (sattvic) tendencies of each chakra
- Anatomy of the emotional & energetic body: Learn where specific emotions are held in the body and how to release them.
- Learn how to read bodies and assess client's through posture, gait and body armouring
- Quickly interpret physical symptoms as potential indicators of deeper, unresolved emotions
- Specific asanas, foods, mudras, seed mantras and essential oils for each chakra
- Understand how family history (ancestral karmas) affects your health and happiness
- Amplify your teaching using themes and incorporating the mytho-poetic realm
- Revitalize the digestive, respiratory, immune and lymphatic systems
- Develop intuition and spiritual connection
- Guest Expert: Hala Khouri
- BONUS: Traditional Lakota Sweatlodge in the mountains of Malibu
SARASWATI – Sound of the Soul: Bhakti, Mantra & Nada Yoga as Heart Medicine
Bhakti Yoga is considered the quickest path (marga) to heal the heart. In the mystical roots of yoga, as well as modern, depth psychology – ritual, prayer, myth and devotion are revered as gateways to facilitate quantum leaps in consciousness.
- Bhakti: The Yoga of Devotion. History, practice and modern applications.
- How to incorporate chanting, mantra and teach to skeptics
- Deities as archetypes. Mytho-Poetic understanding of the Hindu pantheon & Archtypal Psychology.
- Neuroscience of Sound: Bhakti, Mantra, Nada Yoga, Sanskrit and the power of sacred words
- How sound heals Psyche
- How to create a safe container and the core elements of ritual
- Face your fears and transform your voice as a teacher.
- Vak: The 4 Elements of Yogic Speech. Avoiding vaikjari (rough speech).
- Mauna: Therapeutic use of noble silence & inner listening
- Learn active listening and non-violent communication to more effectively communicate
- Power of prayer, ritual & devotion: Helping students and clients deepen their spiritual practice in a non-threatening, accesible way.
- Bonus Field Trip: Three LIVE kirtans, PLUS a bonus workshop to open your throat chakra and find your empowered, authentic voice
- Guest Experts: Govindas, Dave Stringer, Suzanne Sterling, Daniel Stewart
SHIVA – Jnana Yoga: Meditation, Mindfulness & Neuroscience
- How to teach advanced meditation and mindfulness practices to students and clients
- Meditation, deep relaxation, and stress management
- Practices to open your 3rd eye and strengthen intuition.
- Open Mind Meditations for optimal creativity and performance
- Basic anatomy of the brain and nervous systems
- Sympathetic Nervous System (fight or flight) vs. Parasympathetic Nervous System (relax & restore)
- Neurons and neuropeptides (electrochemical communicators). Neurons that wire together fire together.
- Memory & Samskara: How biology becomes biography.
- Patanjali: vritti samskara chakra; pratipaksha bhavana, heyam dukham anagatham
- Brain as a pharmacopoeia: Neurons, neuropeptides, and ecstatic embodiment. ‘God is a neuropeptide.’
- Breath as the gateway to create ecstatic experience (pranayama, hatha yoga, chanting)
- Unitary states vs. Transcending separateness
- Incorporating the Mytho-Poetic as Medicine: Kabir, Hafiz, Rumi, Upanishads, Radiance Sutras
- PNI – PsychoNeuroImmunology
- Yoga & Meditation as a stress-reducing, immunity-boosting modality
- 8 Attitudes of Mindfulness
- Kleshas, the 7 Most Common Mindtraps & their solutions
- Guest Experts: Davidji (formerly of The Chopra Center), Elisha Goldstein PhD (Center for Mindful Living), Dearbhla Kelly
KRISHNA & RADHA – The Yoga of Conscious Relationships & Sacred Sexuality
For many of us, the majority of our suffering comes from relationships: heartbreak, betrayal, abandonment, longing for intimacy, difficulty communicating with our partners, family, children and co-workers, disappointments, unmet expectations.
- The Heart of Yoga: Building Conscious Partnerships (personal, intrapersonal, romantic and business)
- Connection and intimacy as the foundation of healing and pleasure in life
- Maintaining polarity in relationship
- Intro to Red Tantra Philosophy. KISS meditation.
- Kriyas, applied bandhas, breathwork and asana to increase pleasure, sensuality and sexual control
- Accessible methods to teach sacred sexuality and sensuality to skeptics in a 90 min. class or workshop
- Basics of sexual healing and working with trauma in the yoga room and clinical practice
- Yoga of Relationship: How to create a long-lasting, thriving, rewarding partnership
- The 4 Horsemen of Relationship
- Philosophy of Shaktism & creating sacred sexuality
- Tantra Training: "O" Yoga. Sensual Yoga.
- Guest Experts: Psalm Isadora, Mark Whitwell
LAKSHMI – Wealthy Yogi: Personal Development, Productivity, Business & Leadership Training.
- Developing a mindset of wealth and abundance on all levels
- External and internal tools for success
- Specific blueprints for your business, launching a company and building a team
- How to create a core brand identity and message
- Leave this module with a MISSION STATEMENT, VISION and clear BUSINESS PLAN
- Identifying your niche market and Ideal Client Avatar
- Creating your unique product offerings
- Best practices, apps, tools, and project management systems
- Teaching workshops, retreats and intensives: Tips for Success
- Impeccably navigate social media with wisdom, grace and efficacy
- Learn how to allocate your resources and income to continue funding your business growth
- Be a visionary. Build a team. Become a leader.
- Guest Experts: Justin Michael Williams, Destinee Berman (my business partner, personal coach, launch manager & strategy guru!)