- This event has passed.
MODULE 2 – Embodied Psychology of the Chakras
Monday, May 29, 2017 - Friday, June 2, 2017
This module is designed to unpack the intricate chakra system in an effective, highly accessible way. Deepen your understanding of the experiential, psychological and practical application of the chakras in yoga and life. Learn how to incorporate them skillfully into a vinyasa flow class.
The chakras are an ancient map detailing the complex relationship between the physical body, spiritual realm, endocrine system, human development, emotions, past traumas, the elements and mythology.
This is a rare opportunity to demystify the chakras as a developmental psychology using real-life case studies from a decade of Ashley’s clinical psychotherapy practice. Through a multi-dimensional lens, we assess each chakra from several angles to fully dissect its impact on your life: physical, mental, emotional, psychological and spiritual.
- Recognize over-, under-active and balanced (sattvic) tendencies of each chakra
- Anatomy of the emotional & energetic body: Learn where specific emotions are held in the body and how to release them.
- Learn how to read bodies and assess client’s through posture, gait and body armouring
- Quickly interpret physical symptoms as potential indicators of deeper, unresolved emotions
- Specific asanas, foods, mudras, seed mantras and essential oils for each chakra
- Understand how family history (ancestral karmas) affects your health and happiness
- Amplify your teaching using themes and incorporating the mytho-poetic realm
- Revitalize the digestive, respiratory, immune and lymphatic systems
- Develop intuition and spiritual connection
- Guest Expert: Hala Khouri
- BONUS: Traditional Lakota Sweatlodge in the mountains of Malibu