An honor to contribute (and include a bunch of my musician friends!) to Vital Juice Daily’s website.
JULY CHILL YOGA PLAYLIST
“This playlist will take your yoga to the next level.
Silence may be golden, but when it comes to yoga, we need music to help us flow with it. So we asked yoga instructor and mind-body psychotherapist Ashley Turner to create an exclusive playlist just for Vital Juicers. Bend it better with these tunes:
1. “Come Together” by The Beatles: “Get into your groove with some basic Sun Salutation A’s to warm up.”
2. “Radha Rani” by Jai Uttal: “Pick up the pace with this upbeat, uplifting tune. It’s good for powerful Sun Salutation B’s in rapid succession.”
3. “I’m Yours/Somewhere Over the Rainbow” by Straight No Chaser: “You can’t help but smile listening to this whimsical song.”
4. “Nar-1 Can” by Mercan Dede: “Slightly mesmerizing. Excellent for strong core work.”
5. “The Nomad” by Niraj Chag: “Sounds like a bright, sunny day.”
6. “Pearls” by Jesse Hozeny: “It’s soul-stirring; by one of the hippest DJs in Chicago.”
7. “Amazing Grace” by Ani DiFranco: “Simply a classic! Every time I play this song in class, people run up to me afterwards asking who sings this. A gem.”
8. “Indu” by Masood Ali Khan: “Hypnotic! My dear friend, Masood, is on a rare instrument called the hang drum.”
9. “Tibetan Moon” by Jorge Alfano: “It’s simply the best song for savasana and meditation.”
Want more? Try Ashley’s stress-busting yoga routine here.
It’s music to your muscles.”